Sunday, October 26, 2014

It's Rita Wilson's Birthday!


I've always felt that Rita Wilson should have a bigger career. She's charming, sweet, and so damn likable! I mean, she's married to Tom Hanks for goodness sake! Wilson celebrates her 58th birthday today.

She's done a lot of smaller roles in romantic comedies like Runaway Bride, Sleepless in Seattle, and It's Complicated, but my absolute favorite performance is from Rob Reiner's The Story of Us. She played Michelle Pfeiffer's best friend, and she delivers a great monologue about the monotony of the every day activities of marriage. Unfortunately, I had trouble finding it online, but it's featured in the trailer. Story wasn't very well liked (except from Owen Gleiberman) when it originally came out, but I still like it.  


Wilson has also produced some hits (My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Mamma Mia!), and she popped up on HBO's Girls as Marnie's mother. She's great in the role--hopefully she will be on more episodes. While her husband had a great year last year, Wilson continued her music career, and she has a real soothing sound (her album, AM/FM came out in 2012).  


Happy Birthday, Rita Wilson!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment