Wednesday, November 5, 2014

'Into the Woods' Character Posters Drop; Fever Mounts


I don't know about you, but all this marketing for Into the Woods is totally working. All the advertising (the teaser, the featurette, the Entertainment Weekly cover, etc.) makes me more and more excited to see this movie, and it might be the most amped I've ever been for a big screen adaptation of a musical. Disney just dropped a series of character posters (called it!), and these ones are even slightly animated. 








I like the character names scrawled over some of them. It looks great on Johnny Depp's and Meryl Streep's, and it's great that they didn't just rely on the household names. I kind of want a James Corden poster all for myself. What a cutie he is!



My favorites might be for the pair of Princes, played by Chris Pine and Billy Magnussen. Instead of naming them Cinderella's and Rapunzel's Princes, they went with "The Prince" and "The Other Prince," which is hilarious. Magnussen must be over the moon right now. He gets his own one sheet for his film breakout. I can hear him calling a framer this very second...

No comments:

Post a Comment