Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Me So Horn-y: Part II -- 'Maleficent' Teaser Drops

 

Ok, I was a bit premature on my posting of the Maleficent poster yesterday.  I didn't know that a teaser was going to drop today otherwise I would have put them together.  Oh, well!


It's not very long (it is a teaser after all), but I am surprised they showed Angelina Jolie's face at all.  She bestows her beautiful/deadly face only near the end--it's all shadows and horn-y until the final moments--and those gorgeous eyes pop when we are lucky enough to see her.  Is this more a Sleeping Beauty retread but just from Maleficent's perspective?  Did I read something incorrectly?  I think I thought it was more a Maleficent "biopic" more than that.  We get to see Elle Fanning's Princess Aurora as a child running through fields and as a teen prancing with fairies. 



The pricking of Aurora's finger seems to almost be identical from the classic animated film.  On purpose?  Probably.  


 

I am much more excited than I anticipated.  It kind of looks Oz and Powerful-ly, but I'm fine with that.  All I do know is that I am guaranteed to see drag queens with horns until 2016.  Joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment