Friday, February 8, 2013

For Your Consideration: Why aren't THESE hanging in theater lobbies

The Academy Awards has teamed up with various artists to create some rather stunning artwork honoring this year's Best Picture nominees.  My favorites are Les Miserables and Beasts of the Southern Wild.  I have yet to see Amour, so I feel like I can't comment on how it fits in with the tone of the movie.  Here they are!

I love the colors and water imagery in this.


I wonder if the minimalism on this is intentional, because a lot of the criticism is that the movie is so overblown/bloated/saturated.

This might be my least favorite.  It feels like they took promotional stills and just drew them out.  I am getting an angelic-saving-each-other-since-we're-both-screwed-up vibe from the wings coming out of their backs.
I wish this Django Unchained art had a title.  I didn't even notice it when I first saw them online. 

1 comment:

  1. I still prefer the photo I took of you being mauled by a stuffed tiger to that Life of Pi poster.

    ReplyDelete