Monday, February 11, 2013

For Your Oscar Host Consideration: Zach Galifianakis

I have never really been the biggest fan of Zach Galifianakis (from now on, he will be referred to Zachie G, because my spellcheck is exploding), but I never disliked him.  I loved him in The Hangover and I found him uncomfortably hilarious in last year's The Campaign.  He's kind of like a big, drunk teddy bear.  I mean that as a compliment.

In the new video Between Two Ferns: Oscar Buzz Edition Part 1, Zachie G. jokes around with some of this year's most high-profile nominees.  Jennifer Lawrence continues to prove how effing fun she is, and Amy Adams reveals some real comedy chops.  Someone get her a potty-mouthed role in a filthy script!  Judd Apatow, I am looking at you!



When this year's host, Seth MacFarlane, was announced as the Oscar host, you could almost hear Maggie Smith turn around in her chair with a raised eyebrow.  MacFarlane is hilarious, sure (now to mention a sexy beast), but he isn't really a name in the film industry.  Was cuddly Zachie G. too much of a gamble?  Too risky?  Too drunk?  Hey.  If this is too drunk, I don't want to be sober.



No comments:

Post a Comment