Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I See a Movie Day In My Future...

This week two movies are expanding to the Pittsburgh area, and I couldn't be more thrilled:  Danny Boyle's Trance and Derek Cianfrance's The Placey Beyond the Pines.


I don't know exactly why I am excited for Trance, because Boyle is hit and miss with me.  I remembered liking Slumdog Millionaire a lot when I first saw it (liked it, not loved it), but then the awards attention ruined it for me.  Milk was the far superior film in the Best Picture race that year.  I love 28 Days Later... and Trainspotting, so maybe some of his earlier flair will catch my attention again. 


The Place Beyond the Pines trailer has hooked me since I saw it months ago.  I am a sucker for trailers that have quotes in them for some reason ("This person liked it!  It must be good!"), and I am hoping that Bradley Cooper steps out of his comfort zone again after seeing him in Silver Linings Playbook.  Well, that and the fact that Ryan Gosling appears to be quiet and broody.  Is there anything hotter than Ryan Gosling on a motorcycle?  I don't think so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment