Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Someone Give Me a Life Raft From Life Raft Movies


A behind the scenes look at Angelina Jolie's Unbroken debuted during the Olympics this past week.  Jolie's second directorial effort focuses on the true story of Louis Zamperini, an Olympic runner who was taken prisoner by the Japanese during World War II.  The preview lets us get a glimpse of the actual Zamperini as well as a look at Jolie's film.  

One of the sequences that stuck out in the trailer for me was the part that details how Zamperini survived on a life raft for 47 days.  I don't know if I can do another extended sequence in the ocean.  After Life of Pi and last year's All is Lost, I feel like another segment lost at sea will make me nothing but seasick.  Yes, Pi was a very emotional journey, and Lost wasn't my cup of tea, but my head started to swell thinking of this section of Unbroken.  I realize that it is not the focus of Jolie's film (at least I don't think so), but, for now, I can't handle it.  


It will be exciting to see what Jolie's second directorial effort brings out.  Her first, the Bosnian war drama In the Land of Blood and Honey, received mixed reviews but received a Best Foreign Language Film nomination from the Golden Globes.  

1 comment: