Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Am I Watching 'Fargo' Tonight? You Betcha!


Last week, a friend of mine called me to ask me whether I knew anything about FX's Fargo.  He wasn't sure if it featured the same character or whether it would be an entirely new animal.  I told him I had no idea.  When Fargo was originally announced, I was a bit wary.  I am skeptical of adaptations, but Fargo's characters are so well drawn that the series could work.  It could feature a slew of weird characters up to no good.  As long as they don't have anyone else try to be Marge, I will be fine with it.  

Fargo debuts tonight, but I haven't seen anything about it--no reviews, no commercials.  Nothing.  I am happy that I am going in with a completely clean slate.  All I know is that it Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thorton star.  Are they going to be able to capture an ounce of what the Coen Brothers created in 1996?  Will the characters be drawn well enough to sustain an entire series? 

I'll at least be watching the first few episodes to feel it out.  Are you going to watch?  



No comments:

Post a Comment