Monday, May 6, 2013

Pixar Outtakes: An Appreciation



I have been meaning to post this ever since Pixar officially announced that Finding Dory was going to be the sequel to Finding Nemo.  Centering on Dory might not be bad, and I am actually very ok with the idea.  You know, because my opinion on what Pixar does is so important.

One of the things that I loved about the earlier Pixar films was the added outtakes in the credits.  I believe the only three features to have this added hilarity are A Bug's Life (Pixar's most forgotten title), Toy Story 2, and Monsters, Inc

I want them to bring them back!  Who's with me?!  Anyone?!  It must be a pain in the ass for the actors to come into the studio just to voice their characters messing up their lines.  Perhaps Pixar nixed this idea because they wanted their films to not appear as "films."  They wanted the colorful fables to stand on their own and not seem like just another film slated to hit theaters.  Or maybe enough movie theater employees were sick of people standing in the theaters while they were trying to clean up and complained to Pixar.




Apparently, there is a series of actual animation mistakes for 2004's The Incredibles that is included on the special edition DVD.  I will have to further my research and check it out. 

Wouldn't it be great to see more of these?  Especially with Elle DeGeneres's Dory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment