Thursday, May 29, 2014

'This is Where' I Start Squealing



I might not be the best person to write about This is Where I Leave You, the upcoming family drama-comedy starring Jason Bateman and Tina Fey.  I fell in love with the novel this past spring, and I just think the cast looks terrific.  Perfect, even.  

Based on the acclaimed 2009 novel, This is Where focuses on Judd Altman (Bateman), a man who discovers his wife in bed with his boss the same week his father dies.  His father's last dying wish was for the family to come together and sit Shiva.  So, bring on the dysfunction!  Fey plays his sister, Wendy, and Corey Stoll and Adam Driver play his brothers, respectively.  Jane Fonda plays the recently enhanced matriarch, a writer whose family guide book is in its millionith publication.  


Hopefully, director Shawn Levy will focus on the drama as much as the comedy.  There's some serious tears to be shed, and it would be a shame if it was only made for laughs.  I'm very excited, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment