Thursday, May 15, 2014

'This is Where I Leave You' First Look! Eeeeee!!!


I was not prepared for the awesomeness of this picture!  Fingers crossed for a trailer very soon.

I very recently read Jonathan Tropper's This is Where I Leave You (and recommended it to some friends), and I fell in love with it.  It folllows Judd Foxman, a man who walks in on his wife cheating with his boss and loses his father in the same week.  His father's dying wish was that his family come together and sit shiva.  Judd reunites with his brothers and sister, and he must wade through his feelings of his wife's infidelities amidst all the crazy.  I'm sure it sounds like a lighter version of August: Osage County (I'm going to cringe at the first comparison), but it's a beautifully written novel about fathers and sons.  

Entertainment Weekly debuted the first family portrait, and, even though I knew who was starring in the movie, the picture makes me so happy.

Jason Bateman plays Judd, and his siblings are played by Tina Fey, Corey Stoll and Adam Driver.  Jane Fonda plays his mother, a writer whose child-rearing book has been read all over the country.  The one actress I didn't know was in the movie is Debra Monk!  She plays Timothy Olyphant's mother and friend of the family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment