Thursday, May 22, 2014

These 'Carol' Images Feel Like Christmas


It's been a few days since the first official image from Todd Haynes' Carol came out.  I thought I was too behind, but then I found myself searching for the images online over and over again.  If you haven't seen Haynes' heartbreaking Far From Heaven, you aren't my friend, because it's easily one of my all time favorites.  Haynes returns to Heaven's time period, and Carol stars Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara.  

Here's the official synopsis:

CAROL follows the relationship between two very different women in 1950s New York. A young woman in her 20s, Therese (Mara) is working in a department store and dreaming of a more fulfilling life when she meets Carol (Blanchett), an alluring woman trapped in a loveless, moneyed marriage. As the story unfolds—their lives begin to unravel with Carol becoming more fearful of losing custody of her daughter in the case of separation when her husband (Kyle Chandler) threatens her competence as a mother because of her previous affair with her best friend Abby (Sarah Paulson), and new relationship with Therese.





Repressed sexuality in the 1950's directed by Todd Haynes?!  I'm not the only one who's excited for this, right?  I'm already gagging over the costumes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment