Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Superhero Stud Update: Batman Gets a Suit, X-Men Gets a Gambit


Two pieces of superhero movie news was released today.  Zack Snyder teased only yesterday that he would reveal the Batmobile today, but instead he revealed The Dark Knight's ride and the first look of Ben Affleck in costume. 

It's a brooding shot.  It kind of looks like the Batman/Superman movie was shot in black and white, but we all know that wouldn't happen.  The Caped Crusader's ears are shorter than they were on the cowl of the Batsuit in the early 90's installments, but can we talk for a minute about Affleck's arms?  Affleck is a big guy (he stands at 6'3), but does anyone remember the backlash about how Affleck wouldn't be able to fill out the suit?  He seems to be all right in the chest and arm region, if you ask me.  

I never though I'd say this, but I'm excited for a Zack Snyder movie.  


I was yelled at during lunch today when I got excited over the news of Channing Tatum being officially cast as Gambit.  Director Bryan Singer mentioned that he would like to fit the fan favorite into 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse, and producer Lauren Shuler Donner basically confirmed that Tatum has been cast.  

Taylor Kitsch played Gambit in the much-maligned X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Tatum seems to be bigger than one would imagine the Cajun charmer to be.  I don't care, obviously.  Glad my movie husband has job security.  I would watch Tatum swing his staff anytime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment