Thursday, September 5, 2013

I'm So Excited! I'm So Scared! Elizabeth Berkley Could Go Far in 'Stars'


I've never watch Dancing with the Stars.  No, not even when hometown favorite Hines Ward strutted away with the Mirrorball Trophy a few years back.  Several people have told me that Stars is something that I would enjoy, but I can't wrap my head around it.  Hot messes dance with professional dancers in hope of reviving their careers?  Eh.  I like train wrecks, but I don't think I can even get behind this show.  I think it has something to do with super mainstream reality television.  

The new cast for season 17 (gaahhh!) was announced yesterday, and it features the standard athlete (Keyshawn Johnson), a reality star (I feel like Snooki has been here before), and a former Disney star (High School Musical's Corbin Bleu).  To be honest, I think it's a little unfair to have Bleu and Glee cast member Amber Riley here.  They will tango all over Bill Nye the Science Guy (BILL BILL BILL BILL!!!) and Valerie Harper. 

The person I am most excited for is none other than Nomi Malone herself, Elizabeth Berkley!!!  Finally, she will be able to show that she can dance!!!  Remember that scene in Showgirls when Nomi was dancing at the club and that guy tells her that she can't dance?  She gets super offended and grinds all up on that guy to prove him wrong!  Or!  Nomi's first rehearsal for a big Vegas show.  You can tell she is working very hard.  If you don't remember, please watch how sweaty the former Miss Jessie Spano gets before she is allowed a break. 


By the way, I am still not sure if Nomi knows what a pique turn is. 

I actually think Berkley will do well, but I probably still won't watch.  I don't bring up Showgirls to humiliate any of the other contestants, but, come on.  It's been a long time since Berkley has had this much exposure.  Her climb back to the top might be more of an accomplishment than everyone else's.  One thing is for sure (and can't be resisted) is this:


Watch the hell out, Corbin Bleu.  Berkley's got the moves and the DRAH-HA-MAAA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment