Thursday, September 12, 2013

J. K. Rowling's Announcement Made Me Pee My Pants


I was having a pretty crappy morning.  I fell on my way to the train station.  I forgot an umbrella for the torrential downpour.  That all changed when Harry Potter writer J.K. Rowling announced her new project with Warner Bros. 

As you may have heard by now, Rowling is planning to adapt her Hogwarts textbook, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, into a new film franchise.  The films will follow the fictitious author, Newt Scamander, not Harry Potter.  Rowling was quick to note in her statement that this is neither a prequel or sequel to the Harry Potter adventures.  It will, however, take place in her wizarding world, so fans familiar to the series (and who isn't, really) can look forward to seeing the atmosphere brought back to life on screen.  This will be Rowling's first screenplay.  Eeeee!!!

How excited am I?  I may have been rushing all over the office to tell people and scream like a little girl.  I've actually never read this short book (it usually comes with another textbook, Quidditch Through the Ages), but don't think I don't have one on hold right now at Barnes & Noble.  I know I will be picking it up right after work.  You can read the official announce (along with Rowling's statement) on Entertainment Weekly's site here.


Thank you, J.K. Rowling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment