Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Uncontained Excitement for 'Short Term 12'


You've never heard of the indie Short Term 12 have you?  It's a little film directed from Destin Cretton, and it is getting some pretty big notices.  

Brie Larson plays Grace, a supervising staff leader of a foster care facility for teens.  As she assists other people with their lives, she has to navigate the trappings of her own, including the relationship with her boyfriend and co-worker, Mason.  That's pretty much all I know about the movie.  What I do know is that people keeping talking about it.



Nathaniel Rogers at The Film Experience and Sasha Stone from AwardsDaily are big fans of the film, and there has been some low rumblings for some awards play.  But awards be damned!  Good movies deserve to be seen, especially smaller films from new feature filmmakers.  Short Term 12 has a perfect rating from top critics right now.  


Normally, it takes smaller movies FOREVER to get to Pittsburgh (does anyone remember my restlessness to see Beasts of the Southern Wild last year?), so imagine my surprise when I casually went onto Short's site to see that it will be expanding to Southside this weekend!  Color me full of glee!  I know where I will be on Saturday afternoon!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment