Monday, August 26, 2013

Divergent? Pshh. I Only Care About Kate Winslet's Haircut.


Apparently, it's young adult fiction movie adaptation day here at Movie MoJoe!

Last night at MTV's Video Music Awards, the first trailer for Divergent debuted.  Back in March, I already discussed my allegiance (Allegiant?) to Kate Winslet.  I picked up a copy of Divergent, and thought it was all right.  I hated that ending, though.  Tris (who is going to be played by Shailene Woodley in the movie adaptation) seems to focus on romance than, you know, the war starting around her in the final pages.

The teaser trailer shows us the atmosphere of the movie, and we get a glimpse of some of the main characters.  I think Tris looks a bit too pretty, but the rest of it seems pretty cool.  We get a decent amount of Kate Winslet in the trailer, and it seems like her part was beefed up to get more of her in the movie.  I love her haircut.  She has a Hilary Rodham Clinton circa 1993/1994 thing going.  Obviously, Kate's hair looks a bit more coiffed and styled, but that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the teaser.



I have some weird feeling that if this was made ten years ago, Jodie Foster would be playing the villainous Jeanine Matthews.

No comments:

Post a Comment