Tuesday, August 6, 2013

'This is No Dream! This is Really Happening!'


I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Apparently, rebooting classic horror films as television entertainment is the way to go now.

NBC announced recently (ok, last week...yes, I really am behind) that they are planning a miniseries of Roman Polanski's Rosemary's Baby.  It will be a four-hour series, and the action will move from Manhattan to Paris.  No word on casting.  

Polanski's classic is one of my all-time favorite movies, and I am wary of another adaptation.  I was hesitant about Bates Motel, however, and I ate that up every week.  This development kind of reminds me of when they adapted Stephen King's The Shining for the television, and, while everyone claimed it was more faithful to the source material, the original Kubrick film overshadows it.


Speaking of Stephen King, remember when the television adaptation of his Under the Dome was supposed to only be 13 episodes?  It was originally supposed to air on Showtime, but then it got bumped over to CBS.  Now it's been renewed for a second season.  Will they extend Rosemary's Baby to a full season of episodes?  Maybe Satan will be getting a different woman pregnant every season, who knows!




No comments:

Post a Comment