Monday, July 1, 2013

Fifty Shades of Suck: Badly Furnished Bedroom Stories

Why is there a picture of Kennywood's Pirate Ship?  Have a listen and find out!

I feel the need to apologize to our devout listeners, because we said we were recording a podcast and we never got around to it.  Totes my B guys!  Sorrrrryyyy!!!  You can catch all the Chapter 12 realness right here!!!  Before we begin reading, Megan from Megoblog and I discuss the news of the movie adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey getting a director, as well as the alleged confirmed candidates for Anastasia Steele. 

In addition to Bledel, Clarke, Kunis and Seyfried, Lucy Hale and Felicity Jones have been rumored. 

No word on any firm (hehe) rumors on Christian, but we have heard the same names over and over again.  Michael Fassbender, Matt Bomer and Ian Somerhalder.  Can we just eliminate Steele and just have the men acting out?  Yowzers!  In this chapter, Ana mulls over the contract...still.  Yes, and entire chapter devoted to our protagonist trying to figure out what she wants to do.  Then...she gets a surprise visitor.  Whoever could it be?!?!?!  I guess you will have to have a listen to find out!  

Megan and I also briefly mention Fifty Shades of Grey: The Classical Album


Yup, that's a legit thing.  Our society is in trouble.  I actually didn't know that EL James selected the music until I added that photo.  She's so professionally versatile!  James can vomit a shitty book AND compile a no-doubt shitty companion album?!

Ana and Christian do it yet again (spoiler?), and this encounter made me think of two very unlikely things: 



Also, Ana shows some genuine emotion besides confusion.  After Christian leaves her house, Ana almost has a nervous breakdown.  Ok, that's a bit much, but she acts like a nine-year old.  Sort of like this:


If you are just discovering Fifty Shades of Suck, my galpal Megan and I are reading EL James's inexplicable hit Fifty Shades of Grey out loud and providing our own snarky commentary.  If you need to catch up, have a listen to each of the podcasts below.


2 comments:

  1. So i had this whole long comment all typed up but then lost it because I can never remember my freakin google account info! anywho... all good now but i don't remember exactly what all i had written so here are some random thoughts on this chapter: first of all what is with the almost bipolar-esque inner voices that Anastasia has. They seem rather hostile towards her sometimes but then again if i were stuck in her head i would be all kinds of hostile too... also - i do totally agree with you both that her character is written much worse than Christians is. I think some of these particularly annoying character "quirks" wouldn't be soooo bad except that EL James is just so damn repetitive. It's like constant re-hashing of the same feelings and constantly using the same ridiculous phrases like "firing up" the laptop. And lastly I have to say that I also very much agree with the outlandish idea that this guy would be so vehemently chasing after this ridiculous and naive girl. That said... I will be eagerly awaiting the next chapter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the book Fifty Shades Of Grey. I am so glad i enjoyed Christian and Anastasia's story. I like
    Anastasia Steele

    ReplyDelete