Monday, July 22, 2013

How the HELL Did I Miss the New Trailer for 'Catching Fire'?!??!?!?


I don't know how this happened.  Normally, I am on top of something like this.  The new trailer for Catching Fire dropped sometime this weekend, and I am just finding it now.  Let me say this, my friends, this trailer is sort of epic.  I was worried about the director change (Gary Ross to Francis Lawrence), but the imagery and drama of this trailer calms my fears.


Doesn't that look awesome?!  I love some of the photography in this trailer.



We see this images very early on in the trailer.  The first is Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) walking to her new neighborhood, and the second is when she is on the train (perhaps on her way to the new Games, or her ride back after the first?).  I just love those two shots.  The first is very bleak (almost black and white), and the other is kind of opulent and everything is symmetrical. 

We get a bit of the beginning of the uprising, and one of the moments I am most looking forward to is when Caesar Flickerman (Stanley Tucci) interviews Katniss and her dress becomes a Mockingjay.  Suck on that, Capitaol!  Boom! 


Speaking of Stanley Tucci!  We get to see him all grand and over-the-top, and I LOVE how much he is chewing the scenery.  He literally roars.  I love it. 


Speaking of supporting characters!  Not only do we get to see returning favorites like Elizabeth Banks as Effie and Lenny Kravitz as Cinna, we get our first real glimpse of Johanna Mason (Jena Malone) and Finnick Odair (Sam Clafin). 



Now we all know how much I dislike Malone.  Ok, maybe you don't, but I really don't like her.  For some reason, I feel like I won't mind her in this.  Yes, all we see is her angrily swinging an ax, but who knows.  Maybe I will appreciate her from now on.  Finnick on the other hand looks ridiculous.  I understand that it's only a quick glimpse, but he looks like a guy selling homemade pineapple ashtrays on some Hawaiian interstate exit. 

The look of the opening ceremony is revealed a bit as well.  The Hunger Game in this adaptation kind of looks like the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.  Is Danny Boyle the coordinator of The Quarter Quell?




We also get to see a bit of the aquatic arena in this trailer.


So what does everyone think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment