Monday, July 1, 2013

'Mean Girls' is Kind of Getting a Sequel. SO FETCH!


I meant to discuss this last week, but I guess I got distracted.  Surprising, right?  Well, New Line announced Beth McCarthy-Miller (a former SNL director) has been tapped to direct Rosalind Wiseman's Queen Bee Moms and King Pin Dads: Dealing with the Parents, Teachers, Coaches and Counselors Who Can Make -- Or Break -- Your Child's Future into a feature film.  Sound familiar?  Back in 2004, another of Wiseman's nonfiction was adapted into one of the greatest movies evvvveerrrr, Mean Girls

According to Variety, Moms isn't necessarily a direct sequel to the cult classic, but the storylines are very similar.  A happily married mother of two moves from the suburbs to the big city and must contend with successful mothers in a world of "competitive parenting."  Mean Girls, you know, one of the greatest movies of all time, was a commentary on the caste system of high school.  Will Mean Moms (which is being labeled as a "sister project") give us an inside look at how horribly combatant mothers can be? 

My mind is racing when it comes to casting, but I know I want this to happen:



It is a bit discouraging that Tina Fey won't be writing the script considering that Girls features some seriously quotable quips.  Perhaps Ms. Norbury will have a kid, and Fey could star!  A boy can dream.  I kind of want Charlize Theron to be the Regina George-esque leader in Moms.  Anyone who saw Young Adult might agree with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment