Friday, July 5, 2013

Fifty Shades of Suck: Where a Sub Can Be a Sub

I guarantee they are reading a better book...

Why hello there, listeners!  Megan and I are pleased to present you with the second Fifty Shades of Suck podcast of the week, and I am happy to report that we are going to be recording again tonight.  All spanking, all the time!  I included the above picture because I mention in this podcast that the relationships on The Muppet Babies are more complicated than in this book.  Have a listen to chapter 13 here!!!

In this chapter, Anastasia Steele has her meeting with Christian Grey to discuss the contract.  I get overly angry during this chapter.  This book is quickly becoming Runaround: The Novel.  The plot isn't really furthered so much as Ana goes on and on about how she's not sure she's ready to commit to such a relationship.  The book is in need of some serious editing.  I wish Megan would don a Zorro mask and condense this for us. 


While discussing the contract, Ana brings up Christian's former submissives.  I will you this image to contemplate while you listen. 

Were you part of Geoffrey's Birthday Club?

Have I fully destroyed your childhood yet? 

In the last podcast, Megan and I briefly discussed music choices for our own Fifty Shades of Grey: The Classical Album, and I think I have some options for tracks. 


What do you guys think?

I am also starting to believe that Ana has an eating disorder.  She doesn't eat anything in front of Christian, and when she does it's gross.  She talks about how she didn't eat all day, but don't worry, Ana plays with her food in this chapter.  It's about a sexy as a wet fart.  You won't look at asparagus the same way again.


But the BEST thing about chapter 13 is that there is a genuine typo in it!!!  Isn't that awesome?!  Clearly the editor was either touching him/herself (hey, I don't want to assume it was a woman), or they thought it was so awful two chapters in that they didn't bother finishing it.  Shudder. 

If you are just discovering Fifty Shades of Suck, my galpal Megan and I are reading EL James's inexplicable hit Fifty Shades of Grey out loud and providing our own snarky commentary.  If you need to catch up, have a listen to each of the podcasts below.

No comments:

Post a Comment