Thursday, July 17, 2014

Great. Now I'll Have Inappropriate Thoughts of Paddington.


Well, this makes me feel all kinds of awkward.  

Exactly one month ago today, Colin Firth walked away from the big-screen adaptation of Paddington.  At the time of the announcement no decision was made on who would take over for Firth, but the film held firm to its December release date.  Now that we've all forgotten about the voiceover kerfuffle, an announcement was made today as to who was taking over, and it's Ben Whishaw. 

I'm conflicted.  Not because I don't think Whishaw will do a bad job.  The British actor has been seen in Skyfall, Cloud Atlas (which he's great in), and Brideshead Revisited and he will be featured in Terry Gilliam's The Zero Theorem alongside Christoph Waltz.  I have a problem, because he's so unbelievably dreamy.  He's got that overly-coiffed hipster hair thing going on and that comforting, relaxed look that always convinces me he's down to cuddle.  





Listen to Whishaw speak John Keats' poetry in Bright Star and tell me you don't feel the same way. 

I just don't want to be attracted to a CGI, cuddly bear...especially because Whishaw would be considered an otter.

No comments:

Post a Comment