Monday, October 28, 2013

Don's Other Jon

I am as shocked as you are!

Imagine my surprise when I find out that Channing Tatum could have starred in Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Don Jon

I was trolling on IMDB, when I saw this random piece of trivia.  Apparently, JGL asked his buddy (the fact that they are buddies makes me pee my pants) to star in his directorial debut, but he ended up casting himself.  I am a fan of the movie, and Tatum's gorgeous ass probably would have been too distracting for me.  We are all aware of how much I love my movie husband.  The scenes between him and Julianne Moore probably would have made my head explode. 

I would pay good money to see Tatum act out the last few scenes, though.  His final encounter with Scarlett Johansson...the sustained shot of Jon's face near the end of the film when he puts his lessons from Moore to use.  I just think those moments would have showcased his acting talent even more.  A lot of people think Tatum can't act, and the role of Jon might have been a little too perfect for him.  But sweet Jesus would I have loved seeing him in that role. 

Sigh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment