Thursday, October 10, 2013

'Nymphomaniac' Posters: Some not so Beautiful Agony


I can pretty much guarantee that these won't hang in your local AMC. 

You know you go to the movies and you see a series of posters featuring characters for an upcoming movie?  I wrote about it last week when American Hustle released one sheets with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper.  When I managed a theater, we had these big vinyl character banners for Hairspray.  I remember being really pissed when someone swiped the Zac Efron banner mainly because I didn't think of it first.  Well, these posters are a doozy!  I have to give credit to the studio for having the balls to release this new line of posters for Lars von Trier's upcoming sexual odyssey, Nymphomaniac.

Nymphomaniac stars von Trier regular Charlotte Gainsbourg as Joe, a self-diagnosed nymphomaniac.  She is found beaten in an alley by Stellan Skarsgard's character, and he takes her home to help her.  Joe then recounts her sexual history and experiences with him.  Little else has been released about the plot, but apparently the film is still set to be released around Christmas time in limited release. 

Wellllll...these posters are pretty NSFW.  They feature the main cast...um...finishing?  Again, you won't see these hanging next to the poster for Frozen.  Take a look!  Scroll to the very end to see why I won't be able to watch Mamma Mia! for a long time...














Was it good for you?

I will say though...these posters aren't nearly as offensive as the banality of the poster for Philomena.


No comments:

Post a Comment