Friday, September 19, 2014

A Call to Arms for Glenn Close?


I was just putzing around IMDB (exciting Friday night for me, obviously) when I came across the trailer for Low Down, a music drama starring John Hawkes, Elle Fanning and Glenn Close.  I had never heard of it before.

Low Down is a drama centering on the relationship between jazz musician Joe Albany (Hawkes) and his daughter (Fanning), and she watches him struggle with drugs in the 1960's.  It also stars Flea (yes, him), Lena Headey, and Glenn Close as Hawkes' mother.  As the trailer ended and it listed the actors, Close's face appeared with "And six-time Academy Award Nominee" above her name.  Is the studio gunning for an Oscar nomination?  It's kind of like they are saying, "come one...enough is enough...give her an Academy Award."  

It looks like a pretty good drama.  I love Hawkes and Fanning has been working nonstop.  What else can you say about Close really?  She looks solid as always.  


No comments:

Post a Comment