Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Is 'Noah' a Revenge Thriller Now?


There I was.  Messing around online, because I had nothing better to do late last night.  Then I saw this poster for Darren Aronofsky's Noah.  Am I wrong in thinking that this looks kind of dark?  If RuPaul taught me anything (yup, I'm pulling that gay ass reference out!), the sky is darkest before the dawn, and maybe that's what this poster is going for.  

Russell Crowe, as our ark-building title character/hero, stands in torrential rain, wielding an ax as a beam of light shimmers behind him.  This looks like a poster for a remake of The Hitcher not an inspiring tale of faith.  If that's even what Aronofsky is going for.  Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a horror movie poster?  Maybe he is going to go after every single person who bashed his Les Miserables performance?  

No comments:

Post a Comment