Friday, January 31, 2014

The New Face of Lex Luthor


Is is bad that I am excited to hear that Jesse Eisenberg has been confirmed to play Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder's Batman/Superman sequel?  What an unexpected choice!  

I thought Bryan Cranston had already locked down this role (or at lease become a fan favorite), but I was obviously mistaken.  It seems that Snyder has gone in an entirely new direction, and one would think this casting choice would take at least some of the heat off of Ben Affleck.  At least that fuckery has calmed down.  Maybe this is the calm before the storm?  I can see it now..."MARK ZUKERBURG CAN'T BE LEX LUTHOR!!!"  


Luthor has been played by a few actors over the years.  He was most famously played by Gene Hackman in three of the Superman films, and Kevin Spacey took on the role in Superman Returns when Bryan Singer rebotted the series in 2006.  Eisenberg has mostly played nerdy, sarcastic characters, so I am anxious to see how this will turn out.  I know nothing about the comics, so I am not the guy to talk to about it.  But if he can be a total douchebag in The Social Network, I am on board.  

Maybe if he exchanges his pajama pants for a shaved head people will see it better? 


No comments:

Post a Comment