Friday, March 14, 2014

A Musical Theater Slasher Movie?! Not Everyone Loves Jazz Hands


Hold the phone.  Hold the effing phone!  How did I not know about Stage Fright?!  There I was, minding my own business at work.  Since there was a lull in the work, IMDB was my destiny, and there was a trailer for the new slasher movie SET IN A MUSICAL THEATER CAMP!!!  The synopsis online says, "A snobby musical theater camp is terrorized by a blood-thirsty killer who hates musical theater."  It's seriously Camp meets Friday the 13th.  This movie was made for me!

Minnie Driver gets it pretty early on the in trailer, and I assume that's because someone actually watched her performance in The Phantom of the Opera.  Oh, I'm sorry.  Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera.  Her daughter, Camilla (Allie MacDonald) is now going to the musical theater camp, and they are going to produce the very show that was playing when her mother was murdered.  A creepy guy with a creepy ass mask starts killing campers while saying such pun-worthy lines like, "Break a leg!"  Ok, the mask isn't that creepy considering is looks like it belongs to one of the kids from 3 Ninjas Kick Back.



This is obviously my new obsession.  There's even a sequence in the beginning where the campers are auditioning that looks like it came right out of Camp.  It looks like a throwback to an over-the-top comedic horror flick.


Gotta love tech!


Are the rights to this available?  Can we do this show?  Anyone?  Anyone?!



No comments:

Post a Comment