Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Heart Will Go On: Piggy and Dion to Duet


Do you really need another excuse to see Muppets Most Wanted?  Granted, I had my reservations about the sequel to the 2011 hit, but, come on, it's The Muppets!  This might be old news, but I just found out today that my plush, dramatic spirit animal, Miss Piggy, will sing a duet with Canadian's chest-smacking crown jewel, Celine Dion.  

The Muppet movies are always incredibly star-studded.  This newest installment alone features cameos by Tom Hiddleston and Lady Gaga, and the top-billed celebs are Tina Fey and Ty Burrell.  I mean, come on, people.  How are you not in line already outside your local cineplex?!  Phil from Modern Family is going to spent 90 minutes with felt co-stars!  I'm legitimately excited over here.  

The one cameo I'm inexplicably over the moon over is Celine Dion.  I admit, I am not even the biggest fan of the singer, but I am jazzed as hell for it.  Miss Piggy, who would give Patti LuPone a run for her money in the diva department, will sing a song with Dion.  In the movie, Piggy confides in Celine on the night before her wedding to Kermit.  The song is called, "Something So Right."  Never has a song been more aptly titled!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment