Monday, March 24, 2014

Happy Birthday, Jessica Chastain!!!


I fell hard for Jessica Chastain when she skyrocketed to prominence a few years back.  Can anyone else recall such a fiercely meteoric rise to the A-list?  Not only is Chastain a good actress, but she was in everything in 2011 and 2012.  In a matter of months, she proved her range in such diverse projects that some were already proclaiming her the next Meryl Streep.  She turns 37 today.


Her roles in The Help and Zero Dark Thirty are my favorite.  I wanted to be Celia Foote's friend so badly when I saw her in The Help.  Her warmth radiated through the screen.  The last moments in Zero, conversely, hit me more emotionally than I ever thought a movie about Osama bin Laden could.  When Maya learns that bin Laden is dead, she gets on a plane and the pilot asks her where she wants to go.  Maya begins to weep as the pilot heads back to the cockpit.  


Kills me.  

In the next two years, Chastain has no less than six films coming up, including Insterstellar, Crimson Peak, and Miss Julie.  I am prepared for her to wow me with every layered, varied performance.  

Happy Birthday, Jessica!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment