Monday, March 10, 2014

The Most Perfect Movie to Stage Poster Ever?


Yes, I am over the film to stage musical adaptation craze--there really isn't a light at the end of this tunnel, sadly.  When I heard about the stage musical adaptation of Heathers, however, all I kept thinking was, "Yesyesyesyesyes!!!"  

The black comedy is already so deliciously quotable, so over the top, so over zealous that the best (nay, only) way to make it better is to add songs.  The music and lyrics are by Kevin Murphy (Reefer Madness, drool) and Laurence O'Keefe (Bat Boy, gasp!), so I am confident that this version will not go down in flames like many of the other musical adaptations we've seen come and go.  

I just saw the poster online today, and isn't it sort of perfect?  The defiant, bitchy croquet stance...the scrunchy on the wrist...I'm sort of gagging over this one sheet!  Where can I get a copy to hang in my living room for me to stare at when I no doubt will be listening to this recording on deadly repeat when the cast album comes out?!  

There is some great rehearsal footage on BuzzFeed from a few months back.  It opens Off-Broadway on March 15.  



No comments:

Post a Comment