Thursday, March 6, 2014

Moira Kelly's Birthday is Today. Toe Pick!


Yes, this is the second figure skating relation post in two days.  What are you going to do about it?!

Moira Kelly's birthday is today.  For those of you who may not remember, Kelly played Kate Moseley in the 1992 cult classic The Cutting Edge.  Kate was a temperamental figure skater who was in desperate need of a counterpart, and she found one in a former hockey player.  Sparks and spandex ensuded.  

To be honest, I haven't seen a lot of Kelly's other performances (she's done a lot of television), so she will always be Kate Moseley to me.  In one of the best scenes, Kate tortured her new partner (played by D. B. Sweeney) as he struggled to master his new skating style.  


I think that Kate Moseley is responsible for at least 50% of my bitchiness, so I have to thank Moira Kelly on her birthday.  Hopefully, she is somewhere skating around a rink in an uptight chiffon skirt somewhere.  


1 comment:

  1. Kate Moseley! Love the movie, love the character... she is responsible for my bitchiness too xD, I learned from the best! Toooeee piiick!

    ReplyDelete